Welcome to Huron Gastro’s Wellness Program. Our specialized team of gastroenterologists, nutritional experts, and clinical staff are eager to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
As you may know, in losing weight, you will significantly reduce your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, as well as optimize your digestive health and wellbeing. Losing weight can be a frustrating and emotional experience, but our aim is to partner with you on your weight-loss journey—providing guidance, support, and encouragement every step of the way.
Our Wellness Program is designed for people who have found it challenging to lose weight through diet and exercise alone. It is a one-year program, which offers a strategy that blends a physician-supervised diet (which includes the OPTIFAST meal-replacement program), personalized fitness and nutrition, and a weekly support-group clinic.
Meal Replacement Program
- Control your calories with OPTIFAST nutrition products
- Start with a 12-week phase of OPTIFAST meal replacement products
- Retrain your craving and portion-control mechanisms
- Personal consultant to help with your monthly meal-replacement orders
Support Group Clinic
- Meets every Tuesday evening from 5pm - 6pm
- Led by a registered nurse
- Features educational lectures, activities, guest speakers, and cooking classes
- Focuses on healthy-eating mindset and healthy behavioral habits
- Meet with other participants and share experiences
- Live-stream view via closed Facebook
- Support via "What's App" (private messaging group)
Personalized Fitness & Nutrition
- "The Next Steps Program" - A comprehensive fitness assessment and medically-supervised training program
- Close monitoring of your physiologic fitness metrics
- Three locations: Chelsea, Dexter, and Washtenaw
- Gym facilities are open 7 days a week
- Participants receive discounted membership fee with enrollment
Call Renita, our Weight Management Specialist, at 734-961-6710 for more information and to schedule an appointment.