Huron Gastro COVID-19 Alert
With the rapidly-changing recommendations on COVID-19 safety, Huron Gastro is taking every possible measure to ensure the safety and health of you—our patients—as well as our staff and healthcare providers. We will attempt to provide you with information on any changes to our services as quickly as possible and provide updates here as they become available.
To this end, we will be significantly scaling back our procedure appointments until at least April 30, 2020. Procedures that are elective in nature will be rescheduled.
- If you have a procedure scheduled before April 30, 2020, your gastroenterologist who is slotted to perform your procedure will decide whether it’s safe to reschedule your procedure for a later date (i.e. your procedure is considered elective, non-urgent) or keep your procedure scheduled as is.
If your procedure is deemed urgent/emergent, and it was scheduled to be performed at our Centers for Digestive Care, it will be moved to the Imaging Center at St. Joe’s hospital in Ann Arbor. Our scheduling team will discuss this with you.
- Our scheduling team will call you with this decision in the coming days and weeks.
- If your procedure remains scheduled as is, on the day of your procedure, your driver will be asked to wait in their car, rather than the reception area, and to have their cellphone charged and handy. We will call your driver on their cellphone when your procedure is complete, and your driver will pick you up at the door. Your driver will also be given our direct phone number in the unlikely event that they need to leave before your procedure is complete.
- All medication-infusion appointments will remain as scheduled.
We will also be rescheduling all patients who have office appointments before April 30, 2020 to telemedicine visits.
- Our schedulers will call you in the coming days and weeks to transition your office appointment to a telemedicine visit. This visit will have both audio and video capacity, such that you and your gastroenterologist can see one another and converse.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this challenging time. We are grateful for your continued trust in us and will strive to continue to provide you with excellent service and compassionate care.