ORBERAÒ is for adults suffering from obesity who have not been able to lose weight and keep it off. The ORBERAÒ balloon is a safer alternative to invasive, permanent gastric surgery.
At Huron Gastro, our goal is to improve your health by teaching you how to eat better, exercise and live a more healthy life. Our goal is to reverse disease related to obesity and improve your quality of life. Our Wellness Program Team will support and guide you through all stages of your weight loss journey and assist you in forming sustainable, healthy lifestyle habits, including a comprehensive diet and personalized-fitness program.
Understanding the ORBERAÒ Procedure
The small balloon, made of soft silicone and filled with saline, is placed into the stomach for six months via a simple, non-surgical, non-cutting 30-minute endoscopic procedure. While in the stomach, the balloon occupies space, which will help you control portion sizes and lose weight.
See how it works
Facts About ORBERAÒ
- Safe and effective weight loss solution
- Over 220,000 placements worldwide
- FDA approved
- After six months with ORBERAÒ, two-part program, people lost an average of 3.1 times the weight patients lost with diet and exercise alone
- Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed
- A more than 20 year history of helping thousands of people lose weight
What does this support look like?
Meal Replacement Program
- Initial 2 week supply included to jump start your weight loss
- Retrain your brain and stomach's craving and portion-control mechanisms
- We have a personalized consultant to help with your orders
- Meets every Thursday evening, 5pm - 6pm
- Led by a registered nurse
- Features educational lectures and activities, guest speakers, and cooking classes
- Develop a healthy eating mindset and improve your cooking habits
- Form healthy lifestyle patterns and habits
- Live-stream view via Facebook
Personalized Fitness & Nutrition
- 8 weeks full access to Washtenaw Fitness Center
- A comprehensive fitness assessment and individualized medically supervised training program
- Close monitoring of your physiologic fitness metrics
- Friendly environment, working out with people going through the same journey
- Three locations -- Chelsea, Dexter, and Washtenaw
- $600 value which includes dietician, personal trainer, and membership fee
- Non-judgmental gym environment
- Additional months membership available at reduced fee
What else is included?
- Endoscopic placement and removal of the ORBERAÒ Balloon while under anesthesia
- Post-procedural (anti-nausea) medications
- 2 post-procedural office visits following placement of the balloon
- Financing also available through www.financemyorbera.com and Lending USA
Is ORBERAÒ Right For You?
While ORBERAÒ does not require surgery, any medical procedure requires careful thought and consideration with your provider.
- Age 18 years or older
- Body Mass index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Have either one or more medical health conditions such as: diabetes, heart problems, hypertension, fatty liver, and/or gastro reflux
- Be willing to participate in a 12 month medically supervised program
For more information, contact us today to schedule a consultative appointment with one of our gastroenterologists or call or text Laura—clinical nurse coordinator for our Wellness Program Orbera services—at (734) 476-2964 during business hours.