ORBERA Intragastric Balloon
ORBERA is for adults suffering from obesity who have struggled with achieving sustainable weight loss. The ORBERA balloon is a safer alternative to invasive, permanent gastric surgery.
Understanding the ORBERAÒ Procedure
The small balloon, made of soft silicone and filled with saline, is endoscopically placed into your stomach for six months through a simple, non-surgical 30-minute procedure. While in the stomach, the balloon occupies space, which will help you control portion sizes and lose weight. Two office visits follow balloon placement. Then, the balloon is removed endoscopically.
See how it works:
Facts About ORBERAÒ
- Safe and effective weight-loss solution
- Over 220,000 placements worldwide spanning 20 years
- After six months with ORBERAÒ, people lost an average weight of 3.1 times more than with diet and exercise alone
What is included?
When patients undergo ORBERA balloon placement, they also receive the following services free from our Wellness program:
Meal Replacement Program
- Initial 2-week supply to jump start your weight loss
- Retrain your craving and portion-control mechanisms
- Personal consultant to help with your meal-replacement orders
Support Group Clinic
- Meets every Tuesday evening from 5pm - 6pm
- Led by a registered nurse
- Features educational lectures, activities, guest speakers, and cooking classes
- Focuses on healthy-eating mindset and healthy behavioral habits
- Live-stream view via Facebook
Personalized Fitness & Nutrition
- 8 weeks full access to Washtenaw Fitness Center
- A comprehensive fitness assessment and individualized, medically-supervised training program
- Close monitoring of your physiologic fitness metrics
- Three locations: Chelsea, Dexter, and Washtenaw
- $600 value which includes dietician, personal trainer, and membership fee
Is ORBERAÒ Right For You?
While ORBERA does not require surgery, any medical procedure requires careful thought and consideration with your provider.
- 18 years or older
- Body Mass index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Established diagnoses of one or more of the following: diabetes, heart problems, hypertension, fatty liver, esophageal reflux
- Be willing to participate in a 12-month medically supervised program
Financing also available through www.financemyorbera.com and Lending USA
For more information, contact us today to schedule a consultative appointment with one of our gastroenterologists or call or text Laura—clinical nurse coordinator for our weight-management services—at (734) 476-2964 during business hours.